Location: Bangor Arts Exchange on 193 Exchange St., Bangor, ME
Treble Singers (ages 8-12)*:
Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 PM (joining the Mixed Ensemble for rehearsal from 5:15-5:30 PM).
Mixed Ensemble (ME) (ages 12-18):
Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 PM (15 minutes of rehearsal is combined with the Treble Singers).
Chamber Singers (ages 14-18):
Wednesdays from 5:00-6:300 PM (5:00-6:00 PM with the Mixed Ensemble).
*This structure allows older members (12) of Treble Singers to participate in the full Mixed Ensemble if they would like with Artistic Director approval.
1. Rehearsals are every Wednesday except during regularly scheduled school vacations (December, February and April). BAYC does hold rehearsals during public school in-service days and Parent/Teacher conferences. Students should be dropped off 10 minutes early and picked up promptly at the close of rehearsal out of respect for the Staff and Volunteer’s time.
2. Please be advised that if a rehearsal is canceled for any reason, you will be notified by email before 1:00 PM. Rehearsals are not automatically canceled on school snow days.
3. Illness that prevents school attendance or a family emergency are acceptable excuses for being absent. Should this occur or should you have other unavoidable conflicts, please email the Artistic Director as soon as possible. Choristers often have other commitments outside of BAYC. Rehearsals missed due to sports or arts events should be approved by the Artistic Director ahead of time. As a general rule, two (2) absences may result in being excused from participating in performances. Unnecessary or unexcused absences that result in poor participation and performance may result in the student being removed from BAYC.
PLEASE REFER TO OUR COVID 19 POLICY ON THE MAIN PAGE FOR INFORMATION REGARDING OUR COVID SAFETY PROCEDURES.
4. In order to participate in a concert, a student MUST attend the dress rehearsal unless there are extenuating circumstances pre-approved by the Artistic director.
5. Concert attendance for the entire season is mandatory. If a serious, unavoidable conflict should arise, contact the director immediately. The Artistic Director’s decision regarding absences and continued membership is final. That discretion extends to activities in addition to regularly scheduled rehearsals and concerts.
1. Other than water, members will not bring food or drink to the rehearsal area. Rehearsal space will be kept clean and orderly, papers, pencils cleaned up and chairs, etc. moved back where they belong.
2. Rehearsals begin promptly at 4:30 PM. Members are expected to be on time, with music folders and a pencil. Singers are strongly encouraged to arrive 10 minutes early in order for rehearsals to begin on time. We ask that singers are picked up promptly at the end of rehearsal.
3. Members are expected to exhibit good manners and consideration of other singers and adults at all times.